Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My Doctor tells me there is only one drug to treat

Customer Question
idiopathic gastroparesis, Reglan, which I cannot...
My Doctor tells me there is only one drug to treat idiopathic gastroparesis, Reglan,
which I cannot tolerate. I do not have nausea, but lack appetite and feel and look bloated.
Do you have any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
8/21/2015
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ....

In addition to Reglan , there are three more drugs that can be used in case of Gatroparesis .

First is the Erythromycin antibiotic , second is Domperidone available with restricted access and third one is Cisparide but available in certain setting .

Reglan which contains Metochloperamide has high risk of side effects , so you can ask your dr to try other drugs that I mentioned , although Domperidone and Cisaperide availability is issue but Erythromycin antibiotic is available easily .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor