Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have raised hard blisters inside my lower lip..sore throat

Customer Question
on and off for a...
I have raised hard blisters inside my lower lip..sore throat on and off for a few months and a couple spots on the roof of my mouth. I think I see a round spot in the back of my throat with a flashlight. My neck glands swell on and off. what kind of doctor should I see and what could this be? also if I eat anything spicey my throat burns
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
8/19/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
you should see a primary care doctor or internal medicine doctor first
they can look inside of your throat and do a full physical and medical history.
the sore throat could be due to acid reflux
spicy foods can worsen acid reflux.
you might need to stop the spicy foods for now and take stomach acid reducing medications like prilosec or nexium to help decrease stomach acid.
blisters in your lower lip could be cold sores, like fever blisters from aphthous ulcers or herpes ulcers in your mouth which can come up when your immune system is down.
do you have a primary care doctor you can see ?
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician