How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29099
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im 82 and have not had sex in almost 5yrs. because of wife's

Customer Question

im 82 and have not had sex in almost 5yrs. because of wife's illness, in addition my testicles have shrunk. how can I regenerate tem if at all.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your concerns.

With aging the body's testosterone production declines resulting in shrinkage of testicles.

Now the endogenous testosterone production can be boosted by the GnRH analogs like HCG injections.

However, they have several side effects precluding their use at your age.

Prescription medications like viagra, cialis can be used as needed to help with achieving good quality erection for sexual function.

Testicular size does not matter with erection.

Certain natural supplements may provide some benefits as well.

Tribulus is one such supplement available in the market.

The dose is about 400 mg daily.

Ginkgo biloba is another herbal supplement that may help with increased blood circulation at 80 mg 3 times daily dose.

Their efficacy is not proven but something may show some benefits.

Please discuss with your doctor also.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile: