Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am 65 yr. old. drove big rigs for forty of those 65 yrs.

Customer Question

I am 65 yr. old . drove big rigs for forty of those 65 yrs. All 48 states & canada, 2 round trips to Prudow Bay Alaska from California. Then the pain came after 3.75 million miles. IT got bad. I mean real bad. MY woman DR. tried about every med she could & still keep me legal to drive because of the restrection of the CDL license . Well I had just flat out wore out my body. She had to put me on Norco 10325 to make life livable again. Witch made me give up something i was able to enjoy and make a living at the same time. I tried working in the office and in the yard but it was not the same. I realy miss it. But I realy miss my DR. She and I understood each other & then she had to retire. And I have not been able to find a DR. (man or woman) that will take her place. She Knew what meds i needed & the DRs. know what me to try this or that when we know what works.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
I am sorry that you are having so much pain.
However, it is unclear what question you are asking.
How can we be of assistance?
What information would be helpful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my b/p is 120 over 75 with diet and lisinopril 20 mg in am cholesterol and trglycerides the lab tecs say are great with 40 mg of simvastatin in pm . I have anxeity issurs with panic and some times the pain gets unbareale like know . If I can keep the pain down the anxeity & panic stay down with It.Yes i do better on the phone im as you can tell just learning the computer.
It is still not clear how we can be of assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to watch what i spend. I take care of my 88yr old father and both are on ss. I am looking for a DR. who will help me with my pain. That is my major problem!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to lay down . this chair just is not like it use to be. So DR. that my main concern is taking care of my father and staying out of pain so i can help him. thank you for lisnting. ralph
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where did you go Doctor?
The usual mechanism by which the chronic use of Norco can be considered would be by seeking care from a Pain Management Specialist. There has been increasing oversight from the regulatory agencies, and most doctors will hesitate to prescribe opiates for chronic use, and instead will defer to the Pain Management Specialists.
This specialist will also usually want to consider other options before deciding that chronic use of opiates is indicated, so it would be appropriate to bring records of the care over the years in which your previous doctor had tried about every medicine that she could.
It is also true that a Pain Management Specialist may be aware of options that were not considered by your previous doctor.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.