Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What is that wen you get a sow chees and sow throat &

Customer Question

What is that wen you get a sow chees and sow throat & koofing please help me
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
In the vast majority of cases, these symptoms are due to a viral infection of the upper respiratory system. It can sometimes be early in the process of developing into a sinus infection, but this is a very small percentage of cases. It is also possible to get a Strep infection of the throat, but this usually does not cause a cough. A sore throat with a cough is vastly more likely to be viral.
In this situation, the usual approach is to take medicines to ease symptoms. The throat lozenges and vitamin C are fine. It also would be reasonable to take a cough syrup containing a medicine to thin mucus, such as guaifenesin, and a cough suppressant, such as dextromethorphan.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.