Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

For the last 4 days and night I have been experiencing sharp

Customer Question

For the last 4 days and night I have been experiencing sharp shooting pains up my right neck in conjunction with my gallbladder attacks. Normally my gallbladder pains subside quickly with probiotics and digestive enzymes but this time they were a lot more stubborn and I have never had the shooting pain up my neck, which could be totally non relating. Last month my yearly labs checked out ok.
However my brother just passed away on Saturday and we stayed by his side the last 2 months. What do you think is wrong?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
pains in your neck most likely are not from a gall bladder attack.
you could be tensing up muscles in your neck or upper back from your gall bladder attack and this could be causing your neck pain.
you have to avoid fatty foods and alcohol which can help a gall bladder attack.
you should see a doctor and get an ultrasound of your gall bladder to check for stones and gall bladder inflammation.
you need blood work to check on your liver enzymes and bilirubin levels again, even if your labs were ok last month.
I am sorry about the loss of your brother
you must be going through a lot of stress recently which can affect your stomach and cause abdominal pains and stress and neck pains.
make sure to take your ibuprofen with food in in your stomach. ibuprofen can inflame your stomach and tax your kidneys if used over a long period of time.
are you eating fatty foods or alcohol which can inflame your gall bladder?