How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.


You are unable to urinate?? How long has this been the case ??

If you have full bladder and discomfort and not able to urinate then you probably need to go ahead to the ER.

In particular if you retain urine in bladder for many hours then the bladder may be over-stretched and injured. It can turn a moderate problem to MAJOR. It sounds that you may need help via WE to Cath the bladder and relieve blocked urine....

Retaining urine too long may injure bladder and can even lead to acute renal failure. So it would be necessary to get help if you are unable to void...

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD