How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18652
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I too have a similiar/same question as the one stated here I

Customer Question

Hi, I too have a similiar/same question as the one stated here I have cronic pain from Shingles and resulting nerve damage Every Single Day....Now, I'm being looked at for Fibromyalgia and/or Lupus.... I am feeling like a guinie (sp) pig with anti-depresentants/sterioids/etc., etc. when what Works and allows me to work is prescription pain meds + OTC anti-inflamitory meds....HELP... Oregon (Northern) and WA state (southern). Please and THANK YOU....J
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It is not clear what similar question you are referencing.
Could you clarify what question you are asking.
What information would be helpful?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I had asked for clarification of what question you are asking and have not heard back.
If you are asking how you can be considered for the chronic use of prescription pain medicines, then the answer is that it is usually most likely to be considered if seen by a Oain Management specialist. There has been increasing regulation of opiates, particularly for chronic use, and in many states, most doctors are deferring to the Oain Management specialists.
If you are seeking different information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response. I was/am referring to Lupus/Fibro and Shingles. I have chronic pain....varying levels (when I have shingles ...its over the top).... and did you mean Pain clinic? C
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
The decision of who to see regarding the chronic use of opiates would be the same for any of the conditions that you mention, i.e., it would be more likely to be considered by a Pain Management specialist, and yes I meant a Pain clinic.
The specific condition will influence the Pain Management specialist when deciding whether to use an opiate or an alternative approach to manage the pain, so the specific condition will have an impact on the care provided. But the decision of who to see would be the same, if you are looking for the specialist that is most likely to consider the use of opiates.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. No, I'm not SET on pain meds/opiates...I'm open to other meds...BUT, the one's that have been recommended have Crazy/ridiculous side effects... Trying acupuncture/meditation now.... But, I do know what has helped in the past. I'm good thanks
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.