DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Backstory... I woke up sick vomited, and then diarrhea. Felt

Customer Question

Backstory... I woke up sick vomited, and then diarrhea. Felt exhausted like the flu, and the diarrhea didn't stop. The fatigue lasted a about two days. I thought it was heat exhaustion. My apatite has returned, but Im very bloated and have really really bad gas, burp and still soft pale stools...what is going on
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello\
It is most likely viral.
This tends to resolve within 3 to 5 days...if not you need stool samples to rule out parasites and bacterial infection.
Given that your girlfriend has had it ...most likely viral.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.