How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sensitive knees and had a little accident Saturday

Customer Question

I have sensitive knees and had a little accident Saturday
which made things worse . Can I see a orthopedic Dr. ?
I am a Kaiser member and use the Plaesanton CA facility.
can you help me? My regular Dr. is Jacky Yuen.
Thanks Manfred
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

Yes you can see an orthopedic doctor.

You can call Kaiser directly or your doctor's office for a referral as per your plan requirement.

Just sensitive knees with pain may not suggest anything serious.

Osteoarthritis of the knee can worsen.

Any ligament damage iniside the knee joint will cause stability problem on standing or walking.

Meniscal tear causes catching of the knee joint.

Initially conservative treatment is recommended.

Ice pack, rest, leg elevation are universal precautions.

Please use a knee brace or sleeve during standing or walking.

It is better to avoid walking as much as possible for first 2 weeks for better healing.

For pain, you can try over the counter analgesics like Naproxen twice daily with food.

Please discuss with your doctor also.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile: