Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

A callus on my foot is beginning to hurt. What should I do?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
8/3/2015
Doctor: Dr. Pravin, Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Physician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

I am sending a picture
Here is another
I put Neosporin on it and now the area around the callus is turning red. Here is a picture of it

Do you have history of Diabetes?

Do you have flat foot?

Do you play any particular sport or gyming activity or wear certain special boots?

No to all 3 questions

Since how long do you have this?

Do you have salactin lotion with you?

2days. No I don't have the lotion

What footwear do you wear regularly?

Do you walk barefoot at home?

I wear either socks, Toms, flip-flops or slippers

The callus that you are suffering from is caused due to abnormal pressure on the foot .

Now the fact that it hurts indicates an inflammation underneath.

From the history that you gave me , there does not seem any signs of bad wound healing .

You can soak the foot in water for 10 minutes. Then you would need to scrape the hard skin out with the help of a pumice stone.

After doing that apply a thick layer of Urea based moisturiser on the area.

Post that apply a Salactin lotion on the area .

This you would need to follow on a daily basis till the pain and the thickness of the conditions subsides.

Do you have a pumice stone with you?

Family Physician, Doctor