Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a friend who has suffered most of her life from

Customer Question

I have a friend who has suffered most of her life from constipation. She is 68 and the problem has been compounded by a recent back surgery and the additional medication to help with pain. She says she has tried "Everything"! I am not sure what everything involves but know there are constant improvements in medicine. Can you suggest any new break troughs recently that might potentially offer a cure or at least relief. Also do you have any websites that might offer additional information that might be useful? Thanks, Stan
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 2 years ago.

Hello!

With constipation that is compounded by pain meds then the over the counter product of SENOKOT S 2 tablets twice a day may be helpful. The narcotic pain meds reduce the motility of the bowel and the SENOKOT acts to stimulate bowel activity( peristalsis )

This may be augmented by a regimen of Miralax one dose plus 8 ounces of fluid every other day or every third day ( titrate to best effect)

These are a couple of options that she may benefit from if she has not tried this specific couple of options. We may discuss further if you have need...

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD