Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Did this doctor just ruin my healing wound with silver

Customer Question

Did this doctor just ruin my healing wound with silver nitrate? It took FOUR MONTHS to get here - and now it looks like it did months ago. The wound expanded. The healthy pink granulation tissue is now grey. How much damage did he cause and how can I reverse
it? WHY did he do this? This was, in no way, hypergranulation...nor was it even bleeding! Please see photos here: http://imgur.com/n7oRCSK This was not the doctor that did the previous excision or debridement. He just met me for about 7 minutes a stuck a silver
nitrate stick in my wound.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Photos are here: http://imgur.com/n7oRCSK
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about that doctor

it doesn't sound like he was a wound care expert

you should see a wound care doctor or a wound care nurse

there are ways to help this wound heal

like vacume wound closure, silvadine ointment, MediHoney.

Santyl can help get rid of the scar tissue and escar and help the wound heal up.

where is the location of this wound?

do you need help to find a wound clinic close to you?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He's in a wound care clinic in Chicago...that's why I am so perplexed. Is there any possibility that what he did might help?Wouldn't santyl also harm healthy tissue? The wound is from a benign excision on the penis that couldn't heal for some reason...and it has been stuck like this for months. When it finally got close to healing - he put silver nitrate on it.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

santyl debris scar tissue and escar at the base of the wound to help with healing

sometimes silver nitrate helps, but it is used more to help stop bleeding.

it didn't sound like you had bleeding issues.

you might need to eat more protein and vitamin C to make more scar tissue to heal

also avoid smoking and alcohol can help you heal.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com