Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

My 14 year old son is complaining of burning and numbness

Customer Question

My 14 year old son is complaining of burning and numbness above upper lip. It had a sudden onset but nothing he can directly relate it too ( e.g. Rubbing skin, etc) it is pink. I gave him Benadryl but he says it's still burning. Any suggestions?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that this should not be ta***** *****ghtly especially burning as this is of sudden onset, which can be due to viral infection, nerve related injury, head injury or blockage of vessels, severe allergic reaction and vitamin deficiency. I will highly advise him to visit emergency for early evaluation and tests. Treatment should be done accordingly. I will highly advise not to delay as examination by physician is highly suggested

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.