Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

A friend of mine has a pulsating lump on the inner part of

Customer Question

Hi. A friend of mine has a pulsating lump on the inner part of his wrist which seems to be pulsating markedly. He is 50 pounds overweight, gets tingling or numbness in his fingers on occasion, is just over 50, and has a landscaping construction business. He also has other issues... e d and improving recover from total knee replacement surgery during the winter. I'm hoping it's not potentially/related to a clot or aneurysm. .. I already fear he is a stroke candidate. He stopped smoking and drinking only a few years ago and now exercises a little plus sauna and is eating much better. Should he see an MD asap? Thanks for your time: -)
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ...
Pulsating mass indicates that mass has increase vascularity or mass is superimposed over blood vessel , tingling , numbness in hand suggest compression of nerves in wrist that is giving symptoms .
It would be ideal for him to visit Surgeon , get clinical examination , doppler study of lump to decide what to do next .
Ideally this need surgical correction to get rid of compression related symptoms .Regards ***** ***** luck .
Please leave positive feedback for me .
Thanks .