Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

Just recently today, my ear has started leaking a clear,

Customer Question

Just recently today, my ear has started leaking a clear, sticky fluid, with almost no odor. Not much at all. My ears started as an ear ache a while back, but due to circumstances, I have not been able to see a doctor. the clear fluid started the day after I used hydrogen peroxide for 2 days. The ear that is draining itches really bad. I can hear better than recently though. I'm really concerned. Are there any quick fixes until I can get to an available doctor. I would say it is causing me minor to moderate pain, that comes and goes. Thanks for you help.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gehring replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you.
Your home remedies were not helpful, because they destroy the skin flora and aggravate the condition. I would try either Hyland'as earache drops, when you prefer the homeopathic way, or antipyrine benzocaine otic drops. They fight the pain and help against a probable infection. You should get them without a prescription.
I wish you a quick recovery!
You have read my answer. If you have any question, feel free to ask. If not, I thank you for a friendly feedback and wish you all the best!