Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been trying to stop taking Xanax and tried a natural

Customer Question
supplement called seradyn. It calls...
I have been trying to stop taking Xanax and tried a natural supplement called seradyn. It calls for taking 2 tablets up to three times a day. I took two at 7 this morning and two more at lunch and while the first two helped a little, it has since done nothing and I feel very anxious. Is it safe for me take one of my Xanax now since this has done nothing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
7/28/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Yes it is safe for you to take Xanax within your prescribed amount. The supplement you take would not be a contra-indication to take Xanax.

So that is fine .

I hope that you feel better soon.

Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Good to know! Maybe that will help. Just going through a lot with a new stressful job and I quit drinking after an extended period 6 days ago. I've always had anxiety but I guess the withdrawals are making it worse? I urinate a lot because I have a dry mouth and drink water constantly. Not having alcohol is really no issue at this point, but these anxiety issues are ruining me.

Hello!

Well as to the symptoms of frequent thirst and frequent urination today want to have your sugar metabolism checked( fading blood glucose plus hemoglobin A1C) you would want o be sure that diabetes or prediabetes is no a problem for you.

Better for your health to not lean on alcohol for stress so good for you to cut back on that !!

The Xanax is not harmful when taken in moderation as directed.

Let me know if you have further questions.Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

The thirst and urination isn't always, just seemed to be today with that seradyn. And I had bloodwork done 6 months ago and they didn't mention anything but elevated liver enzymes. I was stubborn, and waited until recently to quit drinking, but the symptoms have pretty much been the same since my junior year of college and three doctors diagnosed with anxiety issues. Hope it's not diabetes, but that's always been in the back of my mind. I would just think the bloodwork is had would have caught that.

Yes if you had routine blood work that should have included blood glucose. If symptom of frequent thirst and urination has been ONLY TODAY ...then I would not worry about that! If it should be an ongoing thing then you can have it checked. Hopefully it is not an ongoing issue...

With elevated liver enzymes I agree that that it is best to stay back from the drinking....

Take Care. Let me know if I may be of further help.

Anthony Bray MD

I looked it up and type 2 diabetes seems to define my symptoms exactly, unfortunately. How big a deal is that? It's a pretty scary realization. Can my diet just be changed or have I really found myself in a bad situation? I may be overthinking this (hence the Xanax) but I can't help but think about that at this point.

Hello again--

Slow down! You said symptoms only today!! Fine to get follow up testing if you are worried. See doctor and get fasting blood glucose and hemoglobin A1C ( that test reflects what blood sugar has been doing past 3 moths)

If you should face diagnosis of diabetes then treatment starts with diet education. Usually oral medication also.

You may not have this issue if frequent thirst and urination only today though .... It would certainly be advisable to get check up if you are in doubt ...

I hope that this makes sense and is helpful for you. Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Ok! I know I get a bit carried away! I'm the overly-analytical type. But at 6'1 192lbs, I just didn't see myself as the diabetic type. I will begin to watch my diet and then consult my physician if that doesn't help. Im just the type person who is scared to hear the "bad news" so I avoid telling my doctor to check for diabetes. Which is why I'm on the internet doing this now! It's more comfortable. But I thank you very much!

Also you are only 28 so type two diabetes is probably NOT the case with you at this time...not impossible but not likely either ...

Let me know if I may be of further help!!

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD

Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor