Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have been having low back pain for several weeks. Saw my

Customer Question
I have been having low...
I have been having low back pain for several weeks. Saw my doctor last Thursdaybabout it he ordered an X-Ray of my lumbar spine. I just viewed the results. Do I need to be worried if it is degeneration of L4 and L5 and with degeneration of L4 and L5 what is best treatment so it won't get worse and what is generally the treatment I hope it doesn't require surgery.
Also what is meant by paravertebral soft tissue is unremarkable is that anything to be concerned about.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
7/27/2015
Doctor: Dr. Abid, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor

Hi there ...

You are a young female and at this age back/spine issue is rare .

As far as Paravertebral soft tissue is concerned , which is unremarkable means nothing to worry about that .

X ray spine is not specific test to diagnose degeneration of spine .

Low back pain could be because of so many reasons other then degeneration .

So it would be ideal for you to have MRI Spine for proper diagnosis .

Right now nothing need to worry .

Avoid lifting heavy weight .

Use soft shoes .

Avoid strain over back .

Get pain killers Tab Naproxen 220 mg two tablets twice a day .

Physiotherapy and plan for MRI , to decide what to do next .

Surgery is not option still in your case .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor