How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45975
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have sciatica. My periformus muscle jis in constant spasm

Customer Question

I have sciatica. My periformus muscle jis in constant spasm and pressing on my sciatic nerve causing pain down my legs and into my ankles with such intensity at times, making it painful and difficult to walk.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having siatica pain.
you need to see a neurologist or pain management doctor to get your pain assessed and treated
you might need an MRI scan of your lumbar and sacral spine or hip and pelvic area to look for areas of siatica nerve inflammation
you might benefit from a steroid injection into areas of inflammation to help decrease pain
physical therapy and stretching could help your pain
accupuncture can also help siatica pain.
pain medications and anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or steroids could help decrease inflammation and pain.
have you consulted with a pain management doctor or neurologist yet about your siatica pain?