How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29081
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My blood sugar ws 192 and I was dizzy and just feeling sik

Customer Question

my blood sugar ws 192 and I was dizzy and just feeling sik what can I do to lower it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is moderately elevated blood sugar.
You should drink plenty of fluids mainly water which flushes out the blood sugar with urine.
You can also take metformin if you have at home.
Any anti diabetic medication can be taken one additional dose.
Please check your blood sugar again in an hour.
If your blood sugar goes higher than 350, then you need to go to the ER.
Otherwise, you can control this with fluids and dietary restrictions.
Avoid any carbs today.
You can have chicken, lean meat, dairies, vegetables.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****