Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am prescribed 1 mg of Klonopin . I take it every

Customer Question

I am prescribed 1 mg of Klonopin for anxiety. I take it every night befor going to bed. I have taken it for roughly 6 months. I recently had a blood serum drawn by my dr. and it says that my Aminoclonazepam level is 92ng/ml. Is this number correct for the amount of medication I take?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This Dr. Davidyes, aminoclonazepam is a metabolite breakdown product of klonopinaverage aminoclonazepam levels in patients who take klonopin are between 0.002-0.840 mg/kg (median 0.067mg/kg)your level is in that range.your doctor most likely was checking to be sure you are taking the klonopin and not selling it or giving it away.make sure you let your doctor know you are taking it as prescribed to youlet me know if you have questions.