Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had spine posterior discectomy four years ago and it was

Customer Question

I had spine posterior discectomy four years ago and it was not successful as the neurosurgeon left "debris"and I needed an MRI under anesthesia and a day later another discectomy . It left me with constant pain and I was unable to sit for long before the pain got worse. I had a neurostimulater put in my back which helped with the Pain had in My right leg up it did not help the back pain. After three years at a pain. Linux my back pain was no better. I decided to see another doctor and was told that I actually had no disc whatsoever between L5. S1 and the vertebra higher was making the unprotected vertebra rub on each other which was why I had so much Pain. This doctor gave me two injections between these vertebra and the pain instantly went away. My question is WHY was this not picked up on the MRI because I endured over four years of pain which could have been avoided. I am really upset that no one did an X-ray or MRI after the second surgery to check that all "debris" had been removed and also that the disc was totally gone. If. Has known I know I would have done pain management in a different way
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Do you have the MRI report

Please type it in

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do have the MRI report although I could get it next week from the hospital that I go to. I do have two recent X-rays that I can either fax or Emil to you.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

x rays are useless

Just type in the summary of the MRI here