Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Is Victan effective against alcohol dependance? I was

Customer Question

Is Victan effective against alcohol dependance? I was prescribed 1 tablet, 2mg in the morning, but decided to take half a tablet in the morning and want to take the other half in about an hour, when I start drinking (about 15 cl of whiskey per evening)
Thank you for a reaction
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.

This is Dr. David

Victan is Ethyl loflazeplate and is used for Anxiety, Post-trauma anxiety, Generalized anxiety disorder. it is really not used for alcohol dependance.

if you are using too much wiskey, you need to talk to your doctor about this. there are more comprehensive alcohol treatment programs where you can be seen and treated.

there are other medications like Naltrexone and disulfiram which are better for alcohol dependence.

have you talked to your doctor about your alcohol use and alcohol dependence programs to help you cut down and stop your alcohol use?