How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45925
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner is pregnant and looks like she has a bit of food

Customer Question

my partner is pregnant and looks like she has a bit of food poisoning she had chicken earlier and has stomach cramps and is vomiting do I take her to the hospital
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
yes, best to take her to the ER for evaluation since she is pregnant
they can give her IV fluids to help prevent dehydration and do blood work to see if her vomiting is causing electrolyte imbalances in her blood.
hopefully her symptoms will get better and she will not have to stay long
do you have an ER or hospital close to you?