Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

QUESTION}

Customer Question
QUESTION}
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2015
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
I am sorry, but no question came through the system.
Could you post your question again?
Pain in auns and rectum and burning sensation in stomach
It will help if you could provide some further information.
How long has this been bothering you?
Is the burning in the stomach in the lower abdomen?
Have you noticed anything that exacerbates the symptoms?
Have you tried anything to ease the symptoms?
Upper abdominal and problem from last 4 month and I done my colonoscopy test and endoscopy in Feb mild inflammation was in rectum and biopsy test was normal
Have you noticed anything that exacerbates the upper abdominal burning?
Has any evaluation been done beyond the endoscopy?
Did the doctor prescribe anything for the rectal inflammation?
Have you tried anything to ease the upper abdominal burning?
Dr said mild proctitis and put another blood test but all test was normal and I took naxium for stomach
My job is sitting job I drive taxi 10 hour a day
Thank you for the additional information.
Yes, inflammation of the rectum would be considered proctitis, but it is unclear why the doctor did not prescribe something for the proctitis. When proctitis is causing symptoms, the most commonly used medicines would be rectal application of hydrocortisone. There are some mild potency formulations available over the counter, primarily marketed for treatment of hemorrhoids, but also can be used for proctitis.
Nexium is an appropriate medicine for treatment of common problems that can cause upper abdominal burning. But since the endoscopy apparently did not show any acid irritation syndrome and the symptoms are persistent. It would be appropriate to pursue further evaluation to look for other causes of the burning. The usual next step would be an ultrasound of the upper abdomen along with blood tests of the liver and pancreas.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
I done my all ultrasound test and all reports are normal pl tell me which test is good for burning sensation in stomach and pl tell me last answer. Is proctitis and burning sensation problem is linked each other thank you doctor
The best test for upper abdominal burning is the endoscopy.
Yes, proctitis can cause anal or rectal burning, but would not cause the upper abdominal burning.
Can I take ibrofine for pain in rectum
Since you are having upper abdominal burning, it would be better to avoid ibuprofen. It also does not work well to treat the rectal inflammation, although it might ease pain. Rectal hydrocortisone would be the best that can be obtained over the counter.
My upper abdominal endoscopy was normal and any other blood test for acid irritation syndrome
Stress is linked with inflammation
That is why I recommended further evaluation above.
Yes, stress is associated with inflammation.
What is resion of mild proctitis sir
There are many possible causes, but if the biopsy did not indicate a cause, it would be considered a non-specific proctitis.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor