How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Rick, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11267
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Rick, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an attorney who is looking general surgeon in the Orange Co

Customer Question

I am an attorney who is looking for a general surgeon in the Orange County-LA area to be a plaintiff's expert in a gall bladder/hernia surgery gone wrong case. Already have one opinion, would like confirming one.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hi we answer specific medical questions here.
We certainly can not render an off the cuff medical opinion...that would require a complete medical records review, etc. which we are not in a position to do here.
We answer questions.
Perhaps I misunderstood.
Did you have a specific medical question about this situation.
The only one I can possibly see, is, was it OK to wait.
That depends. It is fairly common to delay surgery if it is thought that the patients symptoms can be controlled and the inflammation can calm down before going in.
On the other hand, if abdominal exam indicated an emergency, it should have been done asap.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I asked for a surgeon re specific issues....the answer is not responsive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The information I seek is for the contact information of a surgeon in so cal with particular expertise in standard of care re hernia and gall bladder surgery.... When to do ERCP to rule out gall bladder illieus when to convert from choley to open gall bladder, Etc
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. I see that your expert has opted out.
We are not able to give legal opinions or testify in Court on this site.
The best way to locate a Surgeon in your area to assist you with this case is to contact the local County Medical Society. They will be able to give you a list and contact information for experienced general surgeons in your area who might be willing to assist you.
Even though it sounds like you are suing a physician I wish you the best of luck.....
And I got a big smile when you said that your previous answer was "not responsive"....your profession is leaking into your everyday speech ;)
I realize that this was not the answer you were hoping to hear but it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Surely, you prefer that I tell the truth rather than what you wish to hear. Because it reflects very poorly on me unless you press one of the top three feedback choices, keep this in mind when rating my answer and please do not punish me for being honest. I understand that this may not be easy to hear, and I empathize.
Even though my answer was not quite what you were hoping for, please understand that my priority was to provide you with the most honest information. With that in consideration, I hope that you found my answer useful. Please click the excellent feedback button so that I can receive credit for my efforts.
Dr. Rick MD FACS