How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 45993
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Feb. had bad case of bronchitis not recovering Remain with

Customer Question

Feb. had bad case of bronchitis not recovering Remain with fatigue,shortness of breathe just to walk in apt. or to car. Not getting better but dr has recommended Nebulizer which i am using more that dr thought i would need. I can notice a change in my voice kind of sound old. I am old but have had strong voice. I have nausea off and on regurgitation occasionally. Now for two weeks I can't eat. Nothing sounds good to eat. All my favorite foods taste terrible. I get food in my month and cannot chew or swallow. I now go lay down every two hours,. I feel like i am becoming home bound. I saw a enterosotomy dr two months ago but he would not treat me without colonostocomy and enterosotomy. I was in middle o f having arterioreeming in both legs to cure restless leg syntrom. I feel that is improving after completing. I have miserable days and nights with sleeplessness and unable to eat. I drink lots of water.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you have had a bad case of bronchitis.
you should get blood testing to see if you had an influenza viral infection or flu infection which might need antiviral therapy to help you get over like Tamiflu.
I think you need to see a pulmonologist lung doctor instead and get a lung CT scan
you might need mucinex to help break up mucous in your lungs to help you clear it.
you might need oxygen therapy in the short term if you are not able to get enough oxygen into your system
I hope you are not smoking.
I am more worried about your shortness of breath.
I would see a pulmonologist and get a chest CT scan and pulmonary function test and see if mucinex can help
and get testing to check for influenza infection or flu to see if you need tamiflu therapy
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can’t eat and swallow food tastes terrible. Nauseated voice not as strong as it was.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
I understand
are you willing to see a pulmonogist and get a chest CT scan
and get blood testing to check for influenza?

Related Medical Questions