Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

For the last month..sinus problem..recently,ear aches….my

Customer Question

for the last month..sinus problem..recently,ear aches….my physician ordered clarithromyc(500mg) ..makes me sick..also, light dizziness meclizine is used half a dose of 12.5mg….every year this is a problem …last year,my physician, who retired, pre scripted ofloxacin ..better….the dr. I have ,will not prescribe a different antibiotic.…I took a clarithromyc today at 11:00am……No longer will take this….what do you suggest?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. I am an ear, nose and throat specialist. If clarythromycin is making you dizzy and lightheadeness, this means that you are having this as a side effect. In this case, you should talk to your doctor and he should change this antibiotic. Clarythromycin is far better antibiotic when it comes to sinus infection but it varies from person to person. To conclude, yes you should talk to your doctor about this. Lastly drink plenty of water and other fluids to keep yourself hydrated. Sometime low water intake during such infections can lead to lightheadeness. Take steam inhalation with menthol drops for your sinus infection. If you keep getting such sinus infections and if you have chronic allergies, I would like to share a home remedy. Take 250 ml of honey, add one table spoon each of ginger extract and black pepper. Make a solution and take one teaspoon twice daily. It might take 7 days or more but will help you. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards