DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I've been having a pain below my sternum and to the (my) left

Customer Question

I've been having a pain below my sternum and to the (my) left as well. It's a bruise-like pain that comes and goes often and it is tender to touch this area. I have recently been diagnosed with Barretts, severe reflux and mild Gastropathy do you think this is linked? It is a new pain.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Of course you need an EKG, but this is not likely heart.
What you describe is more like musculoskeletal pain.
It probably is not directly linked to the acid reflux, but this type of pain can also be referred pain from an inflammed esophagus.
I would talk to your doctor about this possibility.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.