How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46304
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Itchy rashes when using tape,even paper tape. Also the sae

Customer Question

itchy rashes when using tape,even paper tape. Also the sae when underware have elastics arwe applied from underwear.can it be helped? I am facing surgery in a week. Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it sounds like you have an allergy to tape or the adhesives in tape
you might need antihistamine creams in the area or steroid creams to treat the allergic inflammation
oral anti-inflammatories like benadryl or oral steroids can also help decrease allergic reactions.
you have to tell your doctors you are allergic to tape and adhesives
they will not use tape on you after surgery.
there are other silicone dressings like mepilex dressing they can use on your skin which don't have tape or adhesives.
you need to eventually see an allergy doctor to get skin testing to confirm you are allergic to tape and skin adhesives and elastics.
let me know if you have other questions.