Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My dr prescribed me Vicodin for a tear in shoulder but when

Customer Question

My dr prescribed me Vicodin for a tear in shoulder but when I filled it I found it cost 134$ pharmacist said go back get not I script but I lost my original Vicodin never filled it now what doc won't right script with out old one
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer,
Thanks for contacting Justanswer.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My dr prescribed me Vicodin for a tear in...
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
The other expert has opted out, probably because it is still unclear what question you are asking and repeating the same information as in the first post does not offer any clarification.
Are you asking how you can get the generic instead of the brand name?
Are you asking for a prescription to be done through this service?
What information would be helpful?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I lost the original paper script! So my doc won't write a news script! The reason i didn't fill original is pharmacy said to go back to doc and get norco since it's cheaper! In lots of pain what can I do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am cash patient so too see another dr would be 160$
The Norco is a generic equivalent of Vicodin.
Your doctor typically would want the original prescription to be able to show that it never was filled. There is another method to be able to show that it never has been filled that would be available in many states. Many states now have a state-wide database for controlled substances and all pharmacies must report all prescriptions that are filled for controlled substances. You can talk to your pharmacist first to determine whether there is such a database in your state. If there is a database, then you can also ask the pharmacist to run a report that you can take to your doctor to show that the original prescription was not filled at any pharmacy.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u write a norco script for me
No. It is illegal to prescribe Norco without personally examining the patient.