Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Im inquiring the link between being on a strict ketogenic

Customer Question

Im inquiring the link between being on a strict ketogenic diet and how this would affect a BAC reading. I recently blew a .27 on a breathalyzer. Im 5'4" 147lbs and I cannot understand how it could possibly be this high. In truth I had consumed approximately
16oz of a malt liquor beer between 530 and 830 maybe 9 at the latest. A little medical and diet history on me; Im healthy as far as i know. The only issue I deal with is acid reflux. My diet consists of no breakfast in the morning, if i do eat anything its
just a small protein shake. For lunch I eat a small salad lots of eggs no dressing with a piece of chicken breast when available @ work. For dinner its about the same as lunch a piece of fish or chicken and salad. I dont snack in between meals if I feel the
need to its just a piece of fruit. I dont drink anything but water all day with the occational tea(or beer obviously). I take 3 different vitamins I like to call them. The first is Garcinia Cambogia which consists of 1600mg of the cambogia extract and 80mg
of Potassium. The second is Green Coffee Bean which consists of 1600mg of green coffee extract, 45% total chlorogenic acids, 5% 5-caffeolyquinic acid and the last i take is a colon cleanse which consists of 11 different things I wont bore you with.I take all
3 three times a day with at least 20oz of water(per instructions) So with this diet and medical history in mind can you please explain to me how i could blow that high and still be standing upright and coherent? Thank-You
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I will opt out for another expert.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience. I see that your expert has opted out.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
There is, really, no correlation that the Judge is going to believe caused you to blow a BAC level that high. You must have a fairly high tolerance to alcohol to be standing with a BAC result that high.
Your best bet? Hire a lawyer well versed in the defense of high BAC and follow her advice.
Trying to blame this on a strict ketogenic diet is just going to upset the Court and encourage the Judge to throw the book at you.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS