Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I desperately need Dr. Phil's help. I have no idea where to

Customer Question

I desperately need Dr. Phil's help. I have no idea where to begin. To begin w/, IM 52yrs old, single (Female), never married and have no kids. In1990, I was put on Disability by a Psychiatrist I had been seeing. He diagnosed me as Bi-Polar II along w/ GAD and so on. I was seen and treated by him for 15yrs. I truly believe to this day that I was treated by him like I was some kind of Ginny Pig!!!! After 15yrs. of treatment under his care, he put me on So Many different Anti-Depressants and A lot of different medicines for GAD. I would take any medicine he put me on, hoping that I would start to feel even a little better. I felt like I was at his mercy, which I was. After 15yrs. under his services, only getting worse by the minute, he said to me he could no longer see me, saying to me that he does not Specialize in treating patients w/ Bi-Polar Disorder. Well, shortly after that time when he let me go feeling as bad as I did, not knowing where to turn to, crying out for help to my parents and family and anyone who would listen, my brother-law took me to see a Psychiatrist that I had been treated by while I was an in-patient at a local hosp. Well, I got to see her at her private practice. She took it upon herself at this time to not only change my Dx.'s but to put me on a total different regimen that same day, and said she was gonna wheen me off of everything I had been on. Well, to make along story short, I became completely out of my mind, feeling like I was completely insane. Next thing you know, no one was home at the time. I was so completely out of my mind and suffered from a drug overdose. One thing I can say for sure is that I did not plan on this to happen. Let me say it once again that I was was feeling completely insane at this time and going out of my mind!!! My sister found me in bed. Next thing I was told that I was carried out from my bed by my sister and brother-I law and taken to the ER at a local hospital. My family was told that it would take a miracle for me to live. I was an in-patient for awhile, in ICU as you can imagine, then an in-patient for so long, thank God I had my own room w/ someone on stand-by w/ me at all times. On ? point in time, I was then transferred to the Psych Ward for my fourth time. Since December of 2003 until present, I have been seen and treated by 3 different Psychiatrists. To this very, only 1 of these Psychiatrist's was able to get me on a some-what good regimen. He left the facility to move on. Next thing you know, I was under my third different Psychiatrist's care. Make a long story short, he decided to change my medicines on December 24th, 2014. In a matter of 5mths., they had me on 4 different anti-psychotics. Once again, I find myself being treated like a Ginny Pig. Is it any wonder that I have no hope w/ my life at this point in time. IM 52yrs and still live w/ my 85yr old mom. IM her care taker. On my own, I decided to stop drinking 17yrs. Ago. I never was a smoker. i have so much more to say reg. my parents, and family. Everyone of them drink a lot and some of them still smoke pot. The 5 of them are married w/ 4 kids w/ the exception of one, who does not have any kids. What a story they live. At this point, I have to get some feed back reg. what I have had to say. What IM (feeling hopeless) as I speak, would pray to God if Dr. Phil would contact me and listen to my life story and see what he can do for me at this point in my life. God Bless. Jackie
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I forget to mention that that I was diagnosed w/ Breast Cancer on October, 2013. I have also been going through Menapause for the past year. I also suffer from Insomnia.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry, that expert is not online at this point.
I am glad you quit drinking before
I am sorry you have had such a hard time finding a good psychiatrist to help you with your psychiatric issues.
some patients can have very difficult bipolar disorder to control.
what was this "some what" good regimen that you were on before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wrote a detailed letter for one of your experts to answer. He was of no help in any way w/ my ongoing problems. All he could offer was sympathy. I desperately need to talk to a Licensed Psychiatrist, one who specializes in Bi-Polar I Disorder, Bi-Polar Disorder II, Major Depressive Disorder and GAD. I would like a refund from the Doctor who could only offer sympathy!!!
Sincerely, Jackie
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

I'm here. Can I help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me Doctor. After looking over my letter, reg. the shape IM, what advice do you have for me? Feeling Hopeless, (Jackie)šŸ˜‚
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would you kindly let me know if you are reviewing my situation now and an approximate time I will be hearing back from you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to be very early tomorrow morning to see my family Doctor for blood work to be done reg. my Thyroid Glang. My Pharmacist suggested to me that I have this done. None of my Doctor's I see on a regular basis never suggested for me to have this done. Oh Well, Go Figure!!!!!!!
IM going to bed now. I look forward waking up tomorrow and hearing back from you. Sincerely, JackiešŸ˜‚

would you like me to get back to you tomorrow Jackie?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just sent you a message 10minutes ago reg. your last reply to me. Please look it over. It answers your last reply to me.
Sincerely, JackiešŸ˜‚

what other blood tests have you had?

I agree with getting the thyroid checked by the way

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To Whom It May Concern:
I have not as of yet to hear back from Dr. Phil, MD reg. my health and well being at this point in time of my life. Kindly respond back to me ASAP reg. my situation. Sincerely, JackiešŸ˜‚

Hi Jackie.

I responded back

I asked what blood tests you have had and I said I agree with testing your thyroid

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had blood work done, where I had to fast about 1mth ago. My family doctor has my results.
JackiešŸ˜‚

Ok. How can I help Jackie?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At this point of my life, I need all the help I can get. I have been on Disability since 1990. I have to pat out of pocket for my secondary. I have been w/ mom, waiting to see her Heart Doctor. This is my first chance I could respond to you. What advice do you have regarding the info. I sent to you. Feeling Hopeless. JackiešŸ˜‚
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is Jackie, waiting for Dr. Phil to get back in touch w/ me!!!!!!!!
Feeling Hopeless, JackiešŸ˜‚
I'm very sorry. Why are you hopeless?