How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64938
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ihave this urge to go all during the day - number one -

Customer Question

Ihave this urge to go all during the day - number one - there is no pain, just I gotta go. Do I need to see a doctor or will something like AZO or cranberry juice help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Sudden onset of Urinary symptoms suggests urinary tract infection.
This is very common in post menopausal women due to the lack of estrogen related vaginal and urethral atrophy.
You should see your doctor for urinanalysis and antibiotics if needed.
You can continue with azo, cranberry, fluids although they should have helped by now.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I have a different answer
You have not stated how long this has been going on.
If this is a chronic problem, it is not likely infection.
Spastic bladder, bladder obstruction, or other problems in the bladder itself are possible.
Structural problems can also affect the bladder and give a sense of urgency.
I would suggest that a more comprehensive evaluation is needed, and that you see a urologist for these symptoms if this is not a one time situation.
In addition, if this situation is really due to being post menopausal, then repeated antibiotic courses are not an answer.
Estrogen cream in and of itself might help, and addressing the hormonal situation is needed.
If currently there is an infection, I would do a urine culture as well as analysis, this does not sound typical, and I would want to know the bug.
I am a double board certified US doctor and I will be glad to answer further questions if you can give me more detail.
Please click a positive rating.
Come back as needed.
Also, I am in medical daily. Find me by request as needed.