Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Amir, my wife hurt her left knee on 2/28/15 while walking

Customer Question

Hello Dr. Amir, my wife hurt her left knee on 2/28/15 while walking normally to get in the car. She has a problem where her left knee collapses backward
suddenly without any strain or force being applied example running or jogging. This happens once or twice a year but this Feb. it happened just a day before we returned from vacation. The flight home was a 31/2 hour flight and her pain was traveling down her left side down from the thigh. We have seen*****s and the both read her MRI and XRays and both have tried the same treatment Medro packs for 2 weeks and 2 Cirtisone injection which only made the pain worse after 3 hours of giving her a shot these 2 Dr. are list as top Dr. I'm desperate to help my wife with her endless daily pain. Arthris Rx pills do nothing to reduce the inflammation around the knee. I have her ice the area 3 to 4 time a day no relief. I get her some relief by having her take 1 Alieve every 8 hour on desperate days when see is crying. My wife Linda is not a wimp she take after her dad Nick who is 98 years old ith 2 replacement knees and never complains of pain she is the same way. I'm hoping you can advise me as to what type of Specialist she should try. Her MRI report states on the 1st line Ligament tear and other medical terms. John Z PS my wife is 67 years young 5' 4" weight 148 lbs
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
she should consult with a pain management doctor
she might benefit from a 5% lidocaine patch placed on her knee where the pain is. this can be used for 12 hours in a day.
she should consult with a good accupuncture expert. my wife had bad knee and siatica pain and the accupuncturist was able to help numb the pain and decrease inflammation in the knee and also siatica pain.
once her pain is better, she might benefit from physical therapy to help strengthen the muscles and tendons around her knee so she doesn't get this knee collapsing pain again.
there are pain medicine doctors who can give her stronger pain medications to help decrease her pain.
also I have used a natural agent Traumeel on knee and elbow pain with relief as well.
let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 100% satisfied with your assessment and suggestions I researched the knee problem and came to the same conclusion. I needed some feed back from a professional. Now I can start my search for the right help. Thank you Dr. Dave
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome
Best of luck to you and your wife
let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now please leave positive feedback below.
You can always reach me as Dr David.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.com
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
did you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no further questions at this time but Dr. David I will keep you in my contacts if anything comes up or if anyone should need some medical help. I am 100 % satisfied with your advise and as I stated in my e-mailreply to you I followed up on your suggestions the very same day and visited a Specialist and began the healing processes for my wife after 4 months of torchure with pain and Prescription and steroid Injections. ( wrong diagnosis by Surgeons ) Best wishes to you and your family JZ Westbury, NY
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
thank you for that
if you are 100% satisfied, please click the accept button or positive feedback rating button so I can get credit for helping you
do you see the accept button to accept my responses?