How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64343
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 84 years old--male--with hemolytic anemia and idiopathic

Customer Question

I am 84 years old--male--with hemolytic anemia and idiopathic cold aggluttinis disease.
I have bruising on my arms and legs. What causes this and can it be treated?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Often is is simply from aging.
In your case, you need a blood test to look at platelets.
If they have become very low, the underlying problem needs to be addressed.
Liver disease can also do this and it needs to be ruled out.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.