DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My daughter spent the weekend at the lake which was very

Customer Question

My daughter spent the weekend at the lake which was very hot. She did not drink enough water and probably too much alcohol. She had the shakes last night and now said she has some numbness in her legs and arms. She has been drinking water non stop for the last 12 hours. Could this be a sign of dehydration. She is 29 and has no other health issues besides a little depression and anxiety. Also, she does chew tobacco.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hello
It can be a sign of heat stroke, and this should not be treated at home.
It can result in seizures and even death.
Get her to the ER immediately...right now.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.