Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

If someone took 19 lorazepam one time...passes out. Sleeps

Customer Question

If someone took 19 lorazepam one time...passes out. Sleeps all night and day....with a few wake ups to eat and drink fluids ....slurry words ...cant balance....verysleepy.....is it ok to let them keep sleeping it off....16hrs ago when taken
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
No ethically not ok.
Over time, the risk of overdose related death decreases but still it is within 48 hour period.
It is better to go to the ER for close monitoring.
Her condition may deteriorate suddenly like stop breathing within 48 hours period.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****