How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29075
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a lump (soft) above my belly button area. it moves and

Customer Question

I have a lump (soft) above my belly button area. it moves and about the size of a grape. what could this be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
if you push inside the belly button you can feel it. but it sits just above the belly button.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
belly button has also almost dissapeared to look at
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Hi there,
This is called umbilical hernia.
The intestine is bulging through the weakened part of the abdominal wall near the belly button.
Since this is not painful, this is not urgent.
But you should see your GP for a clinical evaluation.
This can be surgically repaired with a mesh by a surgeon if needed.
Please try to avoid heavy lifting to prevent it getting bigger.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****