Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My mom had thryroid surgery we'd and she is experiencing a…

Customer Question
My mom had thryroid surgery...
My mom had thryroid surgery we'd and she is experiencing a rapid heart beat. We are out of town and we're going to drive back home. I was wondering if it could be Bc she started her med today?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
7/3/2015
Doctor: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Yes this is possible from the thyroid medication.
That suggests the dose is too high.
Also there can be release of lot of thyroid hormones from the thyroid surgery.
YOur mother should be examined in the ER if the rapid heart beat is persistent.
This can be atrial fibrillation which can cause heart failure if left untreated.
The thyroid med dose also needs to be reduced after discussing with her doctor.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****