Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I had a gastric band fitted 5 years ago the only weight I

Customer Question

I had a gastric band fitted 5 years ago the only weight I lost was in the lead up yo the op. After I was always going back to have the band topped up which never made any difference and as I paid for the op that became very expensive on top £6000.00 I'd already paid can you tell me why?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It was made out that gastric bands were the way to go. I never felt any difference after my op and was completely disappointed and felt let down and swindled out of my money
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
did you consider the gastric sleeve instead?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Never heard of it

The weight loss with banding is not that impressive. That is just how it is. No one really does this surgery any more. The majority of surgeries are the gastric sleeve. I think you need a redo of the surgery and a gastric sleeve done.