How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64376
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have severe chest pain on the right side, it move down to

Customer Question

I have severe chest pain on the right side, it move down to my ribs then to my back and up to my shoulder, it hurt to move and to breathe. When I do move it feel like my bones are scrubbing against each other, my chest and ribs are tender to the touch, my skin is hot but I'm cold. Do you have any ideal what it could be. Thank you for your help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.
It can be gallstones.
This can become very serious if not addressed.
Go to urgent care now, or the ER.
Get an exam and an ultrasound.
Clot to the lung is possible....needed EKG.
Heart is not likely, but need EKG.
Penetrating ulcer is a more remote possibility.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.