Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have an rx for Lexapro 10mg and just realized I took 2…

Customer Question
I have an rx for...
I have an rx for Lexapro 10mg and just realized I took 2 doses today, about 8 hrs apart. Should I be worried? Should I skip tomorrow's AM dose and resume the following day?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/29/2015
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Hello from JustAnswer.
This is not a reason for worry. The 10 mg daily dose is the usual dose of Lexapro, but the dose can be increased to 20 mg once daily in people in whom the 10 mg daily dose is inadequate, so taking 10 mg twice 8 hours apart is not a concern at all.
It is appropriate to skip tomorrow's dose, so that you are back on schedule. It actually is not necessary to do so from the perspective of safety, as the amount that you have taken is within the dose range of the Lexapro, as noted above. But if you do not skip tomorrow's dose, you will run out of the medicine a day early.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.