Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Last weekend I was fine and then my middle to upper back starting

Customer Question

Last weekend I was fine and then my middle to upper back starting hurting me and still is now, it feels like the whole upper part of my back is tight and hurts. I sit all day at work and I'm overweight but losing weight, I don't excercise and I know I should and I am on Zoloft for bad anxiety and worry and now I'm worried I have cancer in my back or a spine problem but like I said I was fine last weekend, can someone help me with this?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Do you have any weakness of your legs?
Any problem with loss of control of bowel and bladder?
Any numbness around your buttock region?

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not to each of those question but the middle of my upper back on Friday when sitting at my desk at work did feel like it fell asleep kind of
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
But it did not last long correct?So far i do not see any warning sign for cancer.This is just muscle stiffness from improper sitting posture. You did not develop any additional symptoms like above over time.Also your symptoms will improve with topical analgesic like bengay and ibuprofen which is not typical with cancerous pain.Do not worry.Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Today is Sunday, I think this started while at work like mid day on Monday or Tuesday and it's been like this since then
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Ok --that is still not concerning since no worsening or additional symptoms.Deep tissue massage therapy should help with analgesics. Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So this is not cancer, or a slipped disc or something wrong with my spine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had an overwhelming amount of stress at work and at home, would this be from that?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
No this is not cancer at all.Yes stress and dehydration can cause muscle problem easily.Do not worry. Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even though it's hurting in my upper back? When I try to sit up straight it hurts
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Yes still this is just muscle pain. Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even if it's been my upper back for the last few days and now it's a little lower?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
No it does not matter.That is common.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So you are sure it's not cancer or anything bad with my spine?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am absolutely sure. Best wishes