Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Bray. I normally have a temp around 97.2 - 97.8 with the…

Customer Question
Hello Dr Bray. I normally...
Hello Dr Bray. I normally have a temp around 97.2 - 97.8 with the digital thermometer I use. I was curious if I am using that same thermometer and today it said I had a temp of 98.4, would you consider me to have an elevated temp, or a fever. Thanks, Dr
Bray.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/28/2015
Doctor: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 3 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

No -- you are fine. Temperature variation is a normal occuramce. Normal is a range actually ---98.6 plus or minus 1.3 degreea

So technically you are in normal range to be between 97.3 to 99.9...

A fever would be 100.0...

So your temp today of 98.4 is normal..not a fever at all!!

I hope that this helps.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

i read where appendicitis has a symptom of "low level fever" Would my slightly elevated reading today be considered a " low level fever" ? I think the answer you will give is No, but i wanted to check.

Hello again...

You do not have a fever!! Your temperature is normal range and this does not represent any sign of appendicitis !!

Try not to worry here!!

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD

Thnks Dr Bray.

You are very welcome!