Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sore on penis

Customer Question
I have a sore on penis
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2015
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello
Why are you on doxycicline?
What is your question?
Do you have a picture you can attach?
I do
That needs immediate exam.
It looks like a staph infection, which can spread.....Go to any urgent care.
It can be MRSA.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
doxycycline do not work for this
Not if it is MRSA, in which case you need a prescription cream called mupiricin.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Ok I have to see my dr I have some econazole cream will that work or I need mupiricin
No that is completely the wrong cream.
Ok Thanks
Any time
Any questions.
Please don't forget the positive rating [or I don't get paid by just answer.]