Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I constantly have issues with swollen lymph glands and

Customer Question
Hello, I constantly have issues with...
I constantly have issues with swollen lymph glands and salivatory glands. Normally after fighting off a cold, flu or virus. Is there anything over the counter or natural herbs that I can take to relieve the swelling?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2015
Doctor: Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
How many lymph nodes are swollen?
Since how long are you having this problem?
Have you been seen for this as yet?
Any tests done?
Please let me know.
I am looking forward to your response.
Kind regards
3. 1along each jaw line and one under my right side of my neck (salivatory gland)
Two to three lymph nodes that appear due to colds or respiratory infections are not something that I would worry about too much at all.
I myself have at least four lymph nodes in my neck that have been present for years which sometime get painful and swollen when I have a respiratory infection or a sore throat.
So this is not something that I would worry about unless you have a fever or a sore throat or symptoms of an infection currently which may need to be treated with an antibiotic course.
This session is open for any number of further followup questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options (stars) below.
Kind regards
Thanks for the information. The issue is that I'm losing my ability to hear out of my left ear because of the swelling. Again, is there anything else that I can do to fix this?
How big is the swelling?
Do you have a picture or two which would demonstrate the swelling so that I could give you a better opinion.
Please let me know.
Kind regards