Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Is it illegal to get medicine from another country? I've had…

Customer Question
Is it illegal to get...
Is it illegal to get medicine from another country? I've had Back and neck fusions 3 larger bowel obstructions , migraines and fibromyalgia and COPD. Lost insurance and can't afford to see doctors every 2 weeks. Help please also just had surgery for Carpal tunnel
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Medical
6/25/2015
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 3 years ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it is not illegal to take medications from another country
but you do need to have a prescription for the medication.
some people take their US prescription and get them filled in Canada if it is cheaper to get the medications in Canada and then bring the medications back to the US.
what medications are you getting from another country?