How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46952
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Doctor, I am an RN with over 30 years experience in a

Customer Question

Dear Doctor,
I am an RN with over 30 years experience in a variety of specialties, including military combat nursing. After my retirement, and the loss of my only family member, I found myself friendless and alone. I turned to drinking wine to avert the loneliness. Since then, I have read so many conflicting reports on how much is too much. I drink a 750ml bottle of chardonnay almost every day. Some say my risk for cirrhosis is low; others, high. I am 60 years old, 5'2", caucasian and in otherwise good health. How do you perceive my risk?
I know that your specialty is endocrinology, but it's the closest thing I could find to help me.
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
your risks for stomach damage, liver damage, kidney damage and bone marrow damage are high from drinking a bottle of wine a day.
you need to see a doctor about this right away.
and get plugged into an alcohol treatment program, with support group and with physician supervision.
I am glad you have realized this is a problem.
you need to take steps now to get professional help for this problem
the internet will not have the answers to help you fix this problem
you have to see a doctor and get plugged into a treatment program.
let me know if you have questions.