Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

QUESTION}I have engaged spleen. I have had constipation for

Customer Question

QUESTION}I have engaged spleen. I have had constipation for several days. can enlarged spleen cause constipation?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

usually an enlarged spleen doesn't cause constipation.

many issues can cause constipation

lack of fiber in your diet, lack of water and exercise, slow bowel motility, certain medications can cause constipation.

you might need stronger laxatives such as 1/2-1/4 cup of magnesium citrate and also fleet enemas and fleet suppositories to help you have a bowel movement.

you might need to see a doctor or nurse to help with disimpaction to help get your stools in your rectum to start to move out.

have you tried magnesium citrate before?

you have to drink enough water in your system to help laxatives like senokot and other laxatives work to help move your bowels.

are you drinking enough water?

do you have a hospital close to you where you can see a nurse or doctor about your bad constipation?